Man struck by lightning using selfie stick in Cornwall

sa

A Camborne man has been hospitalised after his Selfie Stick was struck by lightning!

Malcolm Rosevear of Pengegon was on Carn Brea taking photos when the incident happened.

A passer by said “I was walking my dog when I saw a man standing on a rock with his phone on a stick! I realised it was one of those Selfie Sticke. I thought to myself “It’s a bit dangerous in this thunder and lightning, he’s gonna have someone’s eye out with that.” Then all of a sudden there was a flash and a bolt lightning hit the stick. The lightning went down his arm and I saw a spark fly out his behind! It was the strangest thing I’ve ever seen. I reckon there was a lot of built up gas or something as the lightning set him off like a rocket!”

Malcolm was using a Selfie Stick on Carn Brea.

Malcolm was using a Selfie Stick on Carn Brea.

A doctor at Kernow Hospital in Truro said “Malcolm is completely recovered. His only concern at the moment is getting his phone back so he can post the photo on Facebook.”

Advertisements