A Cornish Easter egg hunt was abandoned today, when a hunter mistook dog poo for hidden chocolate.
Mark Penrose, 39 from Radnor, was taking part in the annual Easter egg hunt at Park Shady Woods, near Redruth, Cornwall when the incident happened, he said “It was the first time I’ve done an egg hunt. I found a couple eggs near the crossing of a river and was having a lovely time. There were lots of families there enjoying the day as well.
I saw a plastic bag on the floor near where I found the two eggs. I picked it up and whacked it in the basket. I didn’t think nothing of it and took my stash back to my car.
I was sat in my car reading the paper and wasn’t paying much attention. I ate the first egg, it was tasty. Then I reached in my basket, pulled out the bag and ripped it open. It was very soft and a little warm. I opened it up and just put it in my mouth. It tasted salty and weird and instantly made me wretch, then I smelt it… poo! I scraped it off my tongue, climbed out the car and threw up in the stream.”
Word quickly spread about Marks mishap and the hunt was called off.
Mark added “Dog owners should take responsibility for their animals when out in public and think of the impact it has on others. It’s lucky the poo wasn’t picked up by a youngster.